No matter what size your site or organization is, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is something you need to understand at least the basics of. Optimizing your site for Search Engines, not only helps to bring in more content, but also helps you write better content as you will focus on covering the topics that users want to read, and also write in a style that is easily understandable.
There are several tools that allow you to keep tabs on your site’s performance, but personally I find the best way to keep tabs of the performance of my sites is via a browser extension. Although these aren’t as detailed as some standalone SEO tool, they allow you to see quickly how your site’s are performing whilst you work.
Installing the plugin is done in a similar fashion to other Google Chrome Extensions. Once installed, a button is added to your browser’s toolbar allowing you quick access to the following data:
- Yahoo Site Explorer: Number of pages indexed, site links and Page Links
- Google: PageRank, Domain Links, Indexed Pages
- Alexa: Links in, Popularity
- Compete.com and Bing.com metrics
- Social Media data: information from Faceook, Twitter, deli.icio.us, Google Buzz, StumbleUpon and Digg on the number of pages shared, tweeted, dugg, Buzzed, bookmarked
The video below shows the Sorezki SEO Plus Google Chrome in action:
As you can see from the video additional levels of detail are also provided, that will help you further optimize your content if you devote some time to the task. The extension allows you to easily see how your site ranks for top keywords, and provides suggestions on how to improve your rankings in clear easy to understand instructions.
More: Sorezki SEO Tool