Finally! There’s a new WordPress plugin in town that will automatically upgrade WordPress installations. Why is this good news? Well, first off, performing the seemingly constant number of WordPress upgrades can be a bit of a shag, but unfortunately most of the upgrades have to be done as they include vital security updates.
One of the beauties of WordPress, is that if there’s a problem then someone in the community will fix it. The WordPress Automatic Upgrade Plugin (WPAU) is a classic example, which has been put together by the clever chaps over at Techie Buzz . Here is what WPAU does:
1. Backs up the files and makes available a link to download it.
2. Backs up the database and makes available a link to download it.
3. Downloads the latest files from http://www.onetipaday.com/wp-content/uploads/pictures/2007/07/latest.zip and unzips it.
4. Puts the site in maintenance mode.
5. De-activates all active plugins and remembers it.
6. Upgrades wordpress files.
7. Gives you a link that will open in a new window to upgrade installation.
8. Re-activates the plugins.
The plugin can also can be run in a automated mode where in you do not have to click on any links to go to the next step. So, if you’re still running an old WordPress version you’ve now got no excuse for not upgrading! To download the plugin and to learn more, click here.