How To Use iTunes With Other MP3 Players

Are you one of those ‘special people’ who don’t have an iPod and use a different mp3 player?

Well if you are, but you still want to use iTunes which is the best music player around, then this great little application could be the solution. BadApple is a free plugin that allows you to sync your iTunes library with any MP3 player. It works with many popular players including Creative Nomad, Dell DJ, Oakley Thump and Archos.

You won’t be able to use it to play tracks purchased from iTunes, but all other tracks will be ok. To setup BadApple follow the instructions below:

1. Download and run the setup application. You must already have iTunes software installed. (Get this from iTunes.com if you don’t have it.)
  2. After installing BadApple, open iTunes software as you normally would and click on the “Music Store” link in the left hand column
  3. You will see the new features added to the main iTunes window. Click on the “Sync to MP3 player”
  4. If you have more than one device mounted you will then be asked to select which device to sync to
  5. You will receive a confirmation message indicating how many songs were copied upon completion.

Update: There appears to be problems with the download link. Here’s another one I’ve found.

, , ,

35 Responses to How To Use iTunes With Other MP3 Players

1. Paul May 31, 2007 at 11:11 am #

Thanks for the advice perfect

2. alex June 30, 2007 at 2:45 am #

Will this stuff even work, i hear some people say it works and some say it doesn’t. I have itunes 6 and i want to add my library to a Sansa e260. Does Bad Apple just sync your library or does it sync playlists, and itunes data (play count etc.)
    please reply

3. alex June 30, 2007 at 4:40 am #

i downloaded the BadApple and started the application (if that’s what you have to do). I went to my Music Store but it won’t work at all! Do you have to be connected to the internet to access it?

4. your mom April 28, 2008 at 3:12 am #

Wait so this isn’t compatable with the newest version of itunes

5. Prometheus April 29, 2008 at 6:46 pm #

Why in all hell would you use iTunes? It sucks ass, I use winamp, it accesses ipods, zune, or any other portable tou can find.

6. ermm. June 17, 2008 at 2:38 am #

acutally badapple only works w/older itunes I have tried this software and it does not work since i have itunes 7 all it does is cut off your itunes store connection. even if you uninstall the software i think well @least my itunes store will still not work

7. Lisa December 30, 2008 at 3:18 pm #

Sounds to me like everyone needs to come out of their comfort zone and try something new.  Forget Itunes.  I’m sure other programs work just as well, just convert your itune files to mp3 and be done with it and use whatever program you can use to organize your files.   I tunes and Ipod has us brainwashed, not because they are better, but because we are use to it and don’t want to change.   Rhapsody is better than itunes store cause you can get unlimited music for about 15 bucks a month.  Forget Apple.