If you have a big iTunes library it’s very easy to have duplicate files and dead tracks which are taking up space on your PC. This can also happen when you move files between folders or between PCs as iTunes can get confused. Removing these can be a pain but there is a better way.
Dupe Eliminator from Markelsoft automatically finds and removes dupes from iTunes. It isn’t free, but it does have a 30 day free trial which should be long enough to clean your iTunes library.
It has some cool features including:
- List all files in iTunes Music Library
- Choose to show only duplicate podcasts (based on your criteria selection)
- Option to show only dupes (based on your criteria selection)
- Option to show only dead links (library links to files that no longer exist)
- Remove actual file option (remove actual file in addition to music library entry)
- Sync iPod with iTunes Music Library. Useful after removing duplicates
More: iTunes Dupe Eliminator