Quicker Way To Remove iTunes Duplicates And Dead Tracks

If you have a big iTunes library it’s very easy to have duplicate files and dead tracks which are taking up space on your PC. This can also happen when you move files between folders or between PCs as iTunes can get confused. Removing these can be a pain but there is a better way.

Dupe Eliminator from Markelsoft automatically finds and removes dupes from iTunes. It isn’t free, but it does have a 30 day free trial which should be long enough to clean your iTunes library.

It has some cool features including:

• List all files in iTunes Music Library
  • Choose to show only duplicate podcasts (based on your criteria selection)
  • Option to show only dupes (based on your criteria selection)
  • Option to show only dead links (library links to files that no longer exist)
  • Remove actual file option (remove actual file in addition to music library entry)
  • Sync iPod with iTunes Music Library. Useful after removing duplicates

More: iTunes Dupe Eliminator

, , , , , ,

31 Responses to Quicker Way To Remove iTunes Duplicates And Dead Tracks

1. Winny March 19, 2010 at 5:55 pm #

Dude, this is stupid. Why can’t itunes find dead files itself? Winamp can, all you do is right click and hit “remove dead files.” Its worse too with itunes because it has to add anything to its library to play it. Once again, Winamp will play anything, but only add it to the library if you tell it too, which cures alot of the dupe and dead files in the first place.

2. data recovery May 23, 2010 at 12:34 am #

would have liked to get a better feel of the product before spending my money on it but the 3 song limit won’t let me do that.

3. Daz Mac666 July 12, 2010 at 1:04 pm #

I have created some software to fix just this problem! Check out: http://www.scripteden.co.uk/

Safely find and remove the duplicates with Duplicate file Finder, then use Doug’s dead links app to clean up iTunes:http://dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/ss.php?sp=removedeadsuper

I removed nearly 500 duplicate tracks from my collection! – Works a treat! :)

4. PTZ Camera August 19, 2010 at 6:41 am #

Nice work! great blog

5. IP Camera August 25, 2010 at 12:46 pm #

Hi Guy, this good blogs, thanks

6. PTZ Dome August 30, 2010 at 1:22 pm #

Hi there, anyway, thanks for the info!

7. SEO August 31, 2010 at 11:40 pm #

Apple now has Rhapsody as an app, which is a great start, but it is currently hampered by the inability to store locally on your iPod, and has a dismal 64kbps bit rate. If this changes, then it will somewhat negate this advantage for the Zune, but the 10 songs per month will still be a big plus in Zune Pass’ favor.

8. Free iTunes Voucher September 5, 2010 at 8:06 am #

Good read. You ok if i add this info to my blog ?

9. rankpay September 9, 2010 at 1:51 am #

I’ve gotta say it is pretty evident you know whats up.This is something I’ll be submitting to Reddit.I’d recommend writing additional posts like this one as it’s one of your best.I will be back more often then I used to, thanks for sharing this.

10. Paul December 9, 2011 at 6:59 am #